Magnaflux Mag Kit
The Mag Kit is a sectional magnetic particle testing system for low volume non-destructive testers with the benefits of an operational magnetic wet bench but without the investment of a production-level mag bench.
Using a P-series portable power pack as a power supply, the Mag Kit is an economical, easy to operate alternative to more expensive, higher volume bench units when volume processing is not required. It provides the same level of inspection dependability in a lower volume, lower cost equipment package.
The Mag Kit includes a durable, stainless steel bench, headstock and tailstock, and an 11 in / 28 cm solenoid coil, P-Series current generator needs to be purchased separately.
Optional add-ons include a recirculating Mag Kit Spray System with 5 gal / 18.9 L capacity to apply magnetic particles and a Mag Kit Hood to enclose the Mag Kit bench for darkened fluorescent magnetic particle inspections.
Dimensions: 50.5” L x 20.5” W x 50.25” H (Table Height 36”)128cmL x 52.1cmW x 127.6cmH (Table Height 91.4 cm)
Benefits & Features
- Economical wet magnetic bench alternative
- Great for low-volume processing
- Easy to switch magnetizing current from head/tail to coil
- Modular design for versatility
- Uses a P-Series power pack as the power source (not included)
- Detects flaws in any direction
- Easy to operate
- Optional recirculating Mag Kit Spray System to apply magnetic particle bath
- Optional Mag Kit Hood for fluorescent magnetic particle inspections
How to Order:
- The Standard Mag Kit includes the bench, headstock, tailstock and coil only. All other items shown in the photo are optional and can be added to the Mag Kit at the time of order, or at a future date.
- Add either a P-70 or P-1500 Magnaflux Portable Power Pack and cables to energize the coil, headstock and tailstock.
- For fluorescent inspection, a blacklight is required. Either the Magnaflux EV6000 or EV6500 UV-LED blacklights are recommended for optimum results.
- If bulk materials will be used, the Magnaflux Recirculating Pump should be added. If aerosols are used, the pump is not needed.
- Inspection should be performed in a darkened room. If sufficient darkness is not available, consider the Magnaflux Mag Kit Hood assembly.
- Conveniently switch magnetizing current from head/tail to coil by changing 2 plug-in cable connections
- Conduct remote inspections of large, heavy parts with the same portable power pack by using cables and prods
Coil Diameter - 11” I.D. (28.0cm)
Max Part Weight - 350 lb. (159 kg)
Max Part Length - 39” (99.1cm)
Mag Kit Weight - 300 lb. (136 kg)