The MAGNAFLUX Y-8 is a battery-powered, DC electromagnetic yoke designed to stand up to the most rugged applications. True portability for magnetic particle inspection in the field and remote locations is achieved through a compact battery pack which provides a full 8-hour shift of inspection power.
Featuring sealed chemical-resistant construction and articulating legs to contour to any part shape, the Y-8 MV Kit comes with a Y-8 yoke, universal-voltage battery charger, global plug adapters, #1 Gray magnetic powder, a paint marker and hand cleaner towels in a convenient carrying case.
- Sealed, durable construction
- Chemical and abrasion resistant
- True portability with compact battery pack
- Exceeds ASTM lifting specifications
- Individual serial number for each yoke
Y-8 yoke, battery with pouch, battery charger, #1 Gray magnetic powder, yellow paint marker, hand cleaner & carrying case
- Yoke: Y-8 Battery Powered Yoke
- Current Draw: 4 amps @ 6 volts DC (Yoke Only)
- Current Draw: 0.4 amps @ 115v (Charger Only)
- Demag: No
- Yoke Weight: 7.8 lbs
- Leg Capacity: 0" – 12" (0-30 cm) across poles
- Cord: 12 ft coiled
Rechargeable Battery: 6 volt, 12-amp hour
Battery Weight: 5-1/4 lb.
Under normal duty cycle, battery lasts 8 hours between charges.
Defect location: Subsurface (and some surface)
- Field testing
- In-service inspections
- Demanding environments
- Remote sites
- Welding slag
- Grinding cracks
- Quenching cracks
NDT Method: Magnetic Particle Testing
Recommended Accessories: Yoke Test Weight (PN 624115)